Becoming a Certified Nurses Aide (Nursing Assistant) is beneficial for the following reasons:
- A stepping stone to an LPN or RN career
- A stable career in the medical field
- Training to care for a loved one
- Personal growth and new skills
Tidewater Medical Training's (TMT) state approved curriculum is well known and has been developed specifically for your success.
Take a look at all the reasons why TMT is right for you:
Our state-of-the-art classroom and skills lab has been specifically designed for medical training. With modern projection equipment, hospital beds, life-like mannequins, and closets stocked with medical supplies your learning experience will prepare you for the real world.
The state approved curriculum is presented using a combination of on-screen presentations, informative videos, engaging lectures, and lively discussions, along with books, homework, quizzes and exams. Yes, this is like going back to school only the TMT staff are here to help you every step of the way!
The curriculum includes:
- Role in Healthcare
- Communication Infection Control
- Client's Rights
- Body Systems
- Managing the Client Environment
- Vital Signs
- Measuring Intake & Output
- Client Safety
- Managing Emergencies
- Legal Aspects
- AHA CPR Certification
- Body Mechanics and Range of Motion
- Turning, Positioning, and Transferring Clients
- Assisting Clients to Toilet
- Mental Health of the Client
- Social Aspects of Client Care
- Care of the Cognitively Impaired Client
- Care of the Dying Client
Total Course Hours: 137
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalency Exam (for those educated outside of the United States)
- Clean Urine Drug Screening
- Satisfactory Background Check (some exceptions may exist; recent criminal activity is generally a disqualification)
- Successful Interview Process
- Space Available
- Payment of Deposit (once you are accepted)
You have been directed here by a TMT staff member because you are ready to complete the next step in the TMT application process! Congratulations!
You are getting closer to a seat in one of the areas best CNA training programs. Please download the following documents and read them carefully. You will be instructed by a TMT staff member on when to complete these documents and how to submit them to us.
If you have not filled out an online application or were not directed here by a staff member, click APPLY ONLINE under FUTURE STUDENTS to begin the application process!
You will be provided with information during orientation on how to login to TMT Online. You will use the link below to login when instructed by your faculty member to do so. Please do not login until instructed to do so.
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How soon after graduation can I work?
A: You can work immediately after graduation in some facilities while others may require certification first. Please contact the specific facility to learn more.
Q: Where do I take the certification test?
A: We are one of the few schools certified to do in-house testing! You will take the certification test here at Tidewater Medical Training.