Take a look at all the reasons why TMT is right for you:
Course Number: A6500 Course Title: Administrative Medical Assistant
Hours: 91 (85 online, 6 classroom)
This hybrid course is designed to introduce students to the medical field and the duties and responsibilities of the administrative medical assistant. The student will gain an understanding of reviewing and answering practice correspondence, operating computer systems to accomplish office tasks, answering calls and scheduling appointments, greeting patients and updating electronic medical records, updating and maintaining patient and other practice-specific information, coordinating operation reports such as time and attendance, operating office software and equipment and coding procedures for insurance claims.
The student will also perform basic research and reporting. Course completion will enable student to sit for the NHA national certification exam.
Program Entrance Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felonies
- Required texts/other materials: McGraw-Hill ebook
- Student must have a computer or tablet with internet access, have a basic knowledge of computers and Internet to be successful in this course.
Installment payment plan available as follows:
$320 due at registration.
Remaining balance paid in 7 installments and must be paid in full before graduation.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Perform all front desk responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling patient appointments, obtain accurate demographic/insurance information, collection of co-pays, eligibility verification, process referrals/obtain pre-certification. Handle medical record responsibilities such as pulling/prepping charts for upcoming appointments and processing medical record requests. Greet patients in a pleasant manner demonstrating a positive and supportive attitude. Notify physician and/or nursing staff of any patient with need of urgent attention. Answers, screen, and refer all incoming phone calls to ensure that accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
- Pass the NHA Certification Examination* to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA).
|Medical Terminology||Documenting Patient Care|
|Electronic Health Records||Office Duties required of the Medical Assistant|
|Medical Insurance Billing||Medical Coding|
* NHA certification exam fee of $125 not included in tuition.