This exciting addition to our existing programs includes a 14-week course that meets no more than 2 times weekly due to the dynamic online component that will fit easily into your busy life. Instructors meet the unique needs of students with frequent communication and consistent evaluation of learner’s needs from the first day through the last day leading to graduates who have the opportunity to attain certification at our campuses; one stop shopping brought to you!
In addition to our EKG and Phlebotomy courses, the Clinical Medical Assistant course enhances your marketability with certifications that can be used across the healthcare industry!
Take a look at all the reasons why TMT is right for you:
Course Number: C6000 Course Title: Clinical Medical Assistant
Hours: 142 (63 online, 39 classroom/lab & 40 externship)
This hybrid course is designed to introduce students to the medical field and the duties and responsibilities of the medical assistant. The student will gain an understanding of the history of medicine, privacy laws, medical ethics, patient care and procedures, infection control and the expected attributes of the medical assistant. The student will also perform basic research and reporting. Additionally, the privacy law (HIPAA) will be studied with regards to how it impacts the role of a medical assistant, particularly what can and cannot be shared outside of this legislation. Course completion will enable student to sit for the NHA national certification exam.
Program Entrance Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felonies
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association BLS Certification (will be offered during the class for an additional fee)
- Required texts/other materials: McGraw-Hill ebook
- Student must have a computer or tablet with internet access, have a basic knowledge of computers and Internet to be successful in this course.
- TB test, Hepatitis B vaccination or declination form.
|Books & Materials||$175|
Installment payment plan available: Registration fee, book, supplies fee and background check fee due at registration. Remaining balance paid in 7 installments and must be paid in full before graduation.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Assist physician with patient care, obtain a health history, prepare patient for an exam in multiple care settings
- Pass the NHA Certification Examination to become a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA). Exam fee not included in tuition.
|Medical Terminology||Documenting Patient Care|
|Anatomy and Physiology||Office Duties required of the Medical Assistant|
|Infection Control/Safety Practices||Drawing Blood|
|Analyzing Charts and Graphs||Immunizations|
|Assisting Physicians with Patient Care||EKG|